6 Months gone! Half of my first year is complete! 🎉 And to reward us, our university put on a morning event ‘Staying Successful’ a motivational morning to say well done and keep it up!
We had a motivational speaker called David Keeling who’s part comedian too. We were all hoping for Peter Kay when they said comedian haha! So when we saw it was this guy we thought ‘ok… we had high hopes’ haha. But… he was great! He had everyone in the room in stitches. Really motivated everyone and got everyone thinking about where they want to be and how they want to do it. Key points I personally took from today:
- Everyone can play that instrument / learn a language if they want to! It’s never to late in life.
- Buy. A. Book. So simple… you want to do something and you don’t know how, research! Learn! Just do it!
- Don’t be a polished turd. Be a turd covered in glitter 🙌🏻🦄
- Just because you have a high IQ doesn’t mean you’re the best.
- No one was born successful. You have to get up and do it and everyone has the ability to do this! It doesn’t matter what IQ you have.
- CQ+PQ = IQ (curiosity +Passion)
- I don’t know how to describe what a tree is?! What is a tree!?! So simple yet unexplainable. Or what is a chair? ‘You sit on it’ but we sit on a floor, table etc and that’s not called a chair.
- To be brave, confident and take risks!
- Be yourself always! If you can’t be yourself then who can you be.