Day 21 of the nurse blogger / NHS Horizons – 30 day challenge.
Another tricky question today because everything about nursing is my favourite thing!
- I love seeing my patient get well because of correct assessment and management in my care.
- I love being able to spend time with a patient to reassure them and make them feel safe.
- I love holistic care. Because I believe you have to treat a patient as a whole rather than just a symptom for total care.
- I love that everyone is so different in nursing and has their own style, knowledge and experience to being a team together. One person strength is another persons weakness.
- I love that smile from my patient that says thank you without even speaking.
- As much as I love team work I also love working autonomously. I enjoy having the knowledge and applying it into practice without having to ask ‘what next’
- I love caring for other people. It’s something I’m good at and have always been good at. One of the 6 C’s – Care.
- I love coming onto twitter and seeing the community of nurses who support each other, even though we have never met.
- I love listening to patient stories. Everyone has their own story to tell – we just need to listen.
- I love wound management. I mentioned this in day 19 blog post. I love that wound care and assessment. I love making that judgement and seeing the wound heal.
- And last but not least. I love working in a multi-disciplinary team with a variety of expertise who come together to provide that holistic care for the patient.
What’s your favourite thing about nursing?